Harry Potter ve Melez Prens İngilizce Kitap Özeti
Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
Harry’s 6th year at Hogwarts opens to find him more mellow and grown up than he’s ever been. The death of Sirius has left its indelible mark on him, and he’s more determined than ever to put an end to Voldemort and his Death Eaters. He’s happy to escape the tyranny of the Dursley’s early in the summer when Dumbledore picks him up to attend to a mysterious errand. Harry ends up persuading ex-professor Horace Slughorn to come out of retirement to teach at Hogwarts again.
Harry is overjoyed to be back at school when the day finally arrives. He’s been made Quidditch Team Captain, and gets floored when he finds out that Snape finally achieved his burning ambition to become Defence Against the Dark Arts professor. Harry is excited to be taking private lessons with Dumbledore this year, who is showing him all about Voldemort’s past. Dumbledore hopes that knowing as much as he can about Voldemort will help Harry in his final battle with the Dark Lord.
A mysterious book previously owned by “the Half-Blood Prince” crosses his path early on during Potions class that changes the course of his school year and gives him a reputation for Potions brilliance that baffles everyone. Harry quickly grows to depend on the Half-Blood Prince’s knowledge and uses some of his spells outside of class, much to Hermione’s displeasure.
He also keeps an increasingly close eye on Draco Malfoy. Convinced that Malfoy has replaced his father as Death Eater, Harry believes Malfoy is constructing a dark plot inside the school but can’t for the life of him figure out what it is. Between Ron and Hermione’s skepticism, and Malfoy’s disappearances from the school grounds, Harry has his hands full trying to uncover what he’s up to.
As the year speeds by Harry and Ron both are amazed at their blossoming love life, and Harry especially falls hard for someone he knows he shouldn’t. His lessons with Dumbledore continue sporadically, and he’s excited to hear that he might be able to go with Dumbledore on a dangerous mission to help destroy a part of Voldemort’s soul.
Things reach a frantic pace when several things happen at once. Harry and Dumbledore leave on their mission, Malfoy’s dark plot finally works and he is able to sneak in Death Eaters to attack the school, and a fierce battle takes place between the students, members of the Order, and the Death Eaters. Harry and Dumbledore return only to get trapped on the Astronomy Tower where, to Harry’s devastation, Snape kills Dumbledore without a second thought.
Dumbledore’s death is a fierce blow to Harry, but it enables him to see clearly what his true mission is. He resolves that he will not return to Hogwarts again, but instead set off to destroy the remaining fragments of Voldemort’s soul. He is bolstered when Ron and Hermione insist on going with him, and as soon as Dumbledore’s funeral is off they agree to start their journey together.
* Harry Potter – Harry is the main character in Book 6. He gets a huge lift in Potions class this year when he picks up a textbook that is more than it appears. As the year wears on, Harry learns more about Voldemort’s past and his resolve strengthens even further to destroy the evil that Voldemort spreads. In spite of the devastating loss he suffers, he’s committed to putting an end to the Dark Lord’s regime.
* Ron Weasley – Ron is Harry’s best friend. He has an eventful 6th year at Hogwarts. He is almost killed, gets his first girlfriend, learns to Apparate, discovers who he really cares about, and resolves to help Harry on his quest with Voldemort, wherever it may lead.
* Hermione Granger – Hermione is Harry’s other best friend. She spends a good deal of her 6th year in a jealous feud with Ron over his girlfriend. She still remains friends with Harry, and urges him constantly to get rid of the dodgy Potions book he’s using to excel in the class. She, too, is committed to helping Harry on his quest against Voldemort.
* Albus Dumbledore – Dumbledore is Headmaster of Hogwarts, and the closest thing to a father Harry will ever have. He spends most of the year searching for clues about Voldemort’s immortality, and passing all the information on to Harry.
* Ginny Weasley – Ginny is Ron’s sister, and also a friend of Harry’s. She has cared a great deal for Harry for a very long time, and Harry finally figures out he cares for her too. They get together at the end of the year, which starts the Hogwarts gossip mill going once again.
* Horace Slughorn – Slughorn is a professor that comes out of retirement to teach again at Hogwarts. He takes the place as Potions Professor, and quickly develops a fondness for Harry. He likes to be associated with powerful and talented people.
* Severus Snape – Snape has now been promoted to Defense Against the Dark Arts professor. He loathes Harry to the first degree, and the feeling is mutual on Harry’s part. Harry is still not convinced Snape is on the side of the Order of the Phoenix.
* Draco Malfoy – Malfoy and Harry have hated each other since the first day of school, and things are no different this year. Harry is convinced Malfoy is up to something, and he spends all year trying to discover what it is. Malfoy has become a Death Eater in his father’s place.
* Rubeus Hagrid – Hagrid is the Care of Magical Creatures professor and is very fond of Harry.
* The Half-Blood Prince – No one knows who the Prince is for the whole year, but his scribbled potions and spells in Harry’s textbook helps him tremendously in class. Harry doesn’t find out until it’s too late, however, that the Prince has a dark side.
Bir önceki yazımız olan Siyah Lale İngilizce Kitap Özeti başlıklı makalemizde Alexandre Dumas, ingilizce kitap özetleri ve Siyah Lale İngilizce Kitap Özeti hakkında bilgiler verilmektedir.